Align with sustainable thought leadership, upskill your business and be recognised as a leading organisation in the industry.
What are the benefits
Research partners will benefit from internal upskilling and enhanced profiles as lead research partners in final outputs. We will then share findings with a wide audience including press publications, social media, webinars, as well as potential speaker opportunities at external events.
How you can get involved
Our research projects are open to a small number of forward-looking companies that are looking to drive the industry forward and be seen as leaders.
Partner with The SFMI in high profile research that runs in line with our roadmap vision.
- Projects: 2 or 3 per year
- Time duration: 6 – 12 months in length
- Final output: Open-source industry standard or guidance based on project topic.
Possible project topics include:
- Scope 3 sectoral approach for FM – Stage 2
- Climate risk in FM & TCFD framework
- Driving Biodiversity Net Gain in FM Service
- Circular Economy of Assets – value and resale
- Social Value – social benefits of FM
- Improving D&I at leadership and management levels
Research Project – Scope 3 Emissions in FM
The SFMI and BAM FM teamed up with an expert industry peer group of businesses to develop a standardised approach to calculating carbon emissions for the sector.
Scope 3 emissions in FM
Read all about the approach and download the report.
Become a Partner
Align with sustainable thought leadership, upskill your business and be recognised as a leading organisation in the industry