Client: Cushman & Wakefield
Acclaro Advisory was chosen to help develop a long term training programme to meet the learning objectives across the business. We delivered a structured training programme, which has helped Cushman and Wakefield be recognised as a leader in its field by their clients. The resulting programme is the only course available to be recognised as BIFM CPD and provide the IEMA Foundation certificate, provided through BIFM Training.
Cushman & Wakefield is the world’s largest privately held commercial real estate services firm providing a range of property related services to a number of sectors. In the UK, clients include the Crown Estate, Aviva Investors, Heron International and Invesco Real Estate. Training involved over 120 UK employees, up to Partner level.
In 2012 the UK business took a decision to seek certification to the Environmental Management Standard ISO14001, led by a desire to demonstrate best practice. For the Facilities Management (FM) and Property Asset Management (PAM) parts of the business, this meant delivering the following learning objectives:
- Ensuring legal compliance for the properties under management
- Employing good practice on sites to abide by the Service Charge Code of Conduct
- Develop the internal capacity of the business
- Embed sustainability thinking to all individuals
- Demonstrate competency of individuals through a recognised training provider.
Acclaro Advisory was chosen by Cushman & Wakefield to help develop a long term training programme to meet the learning objectives across the business.
- Secured accreditation to BIFM Level 4 and 5 Qualifications and IEMA Foundation Certificate for the course. It was the first course to provide both, based upon a suite of learning outcomes tailored to the property management sector
- Development and delivery of a structured training programme over a 12 month timeframe (with the 2 day course held a few months apart to aid bedding-in of skills)
- Bespoke 2 day face to face training course for the PAM and FM teams incorporating specific in-house policies and systems to aid implementation
- Suite of 3 on-line training courses, used to embed learning objectives and skills following each of the training days
- Information pack providing a summary of regulation, affecting the business and good practice approaches to be applied (supported by discounted text books, providing further detailed guidance and learning)
- Pre-course exercises before each training day – to introduce the sessions and raise awareness
- Delegate assessment – to demonstrate an understanding of the learning outcomes and their application
- Regular feedback from attendees – to improve the course, together with recommendations on where enhancements can be made to environmental performance
Acclaro Advisory has delivered a structured training programme, which has helped Cushman and Wakefield be recognised as a leader in its field by their clients. It has:
- Raised awareness across the PAM and FM team
- Embedded an understanding of sustainability and the tools to implement it into day to day roles, which has reduced the need to refer to a central person
- Enabled attendees to gain certified training
- Demonstrate a level of competency recognised by Cushman and Wakefield’s clients
- Identified significant savings by highlighting areas of good practice to be shared across the business
- Provided leadership at all levels of the business – enabling people to have the right skills
- Moved sustainability from being bolted-on, to being integral to the business