Acclaro Advisory was chosen to help develop a long-term training programme to meet the learning objectives across the business. We delivered a structured awareness programme, which has helped RBS sites achieve up to 10% energy efficiency and waste management achieving over £3m in savings.
Royal Bank of Scotland Group is one of the largest British banking and insurance holding organisations which has undergone a series of major changes over the past decade.
RBS has stated publicly a suite of environmental targets, involving energy, waste, water, transport, and paper, where FM has a crucial role to drive change. As part of this programme, RBS sought to engage staff through an employee participation programme called JUMP. RBS piloted JUMP in 2016 for 70 teams in a range of workplace locations including branches, offices, and cash centres, with over 2,500 activities logged to reduce our environmental impact via the app JUMP”.
JUMP motivates RBS colleagues to practise sustainable behaviours at work, including energy saving, recycling, and sustainable travel. At the heart of the digital programme is competition, with colleagues organised into teams based on their department and location, and there are leader boards showing which teams and individuals are performing best. Each month there are prizes for top performers including M&S, iTunes and other high street vouchers.
A training course was sought to help embed the knowledge and learning to the FMs to enable the success of the engagement programme.
Acclaro Advisory was commissioned to provide a tailored training programme to provide the knowledge and skills to facilitate the JUMP activity.
- Secured accreditation to BIFM Level 4 and 5 CPD, based upon a suite of learning outcomes tailored to the property management sector;
- Guide the content and the approach (nudge/ competition/ rewards/ ‘join your colleagues’/) of the JUMP programme
- Help engage the FMs on the subject in terms of buy-in and understanding
Acclaro Advisory delivered a training programme which has helped RBS achieve a number of benefits promoted through JUMP to:
- Engagement – FMs have successfully managed stakeholders. More than 1200 colleagues signed up.
- Energy – Increased use of energy data to help FMs challenge poor energy performance by diagnosing issues and finding solutions. Attendees saved 5% on electricity on average and 10% reduction out of hours for their sites.
- Water – FMs are rolling out Innovation Gateway water-saving products Waterblade and Propelair.
- Waste – Encouraged waste management practices across sites to improve recycling and ensure compliance. Access to waste metrics to substantiate the benefits.
- Paper – Awareness of the environmental impact of paper use. Utilised during World Environment Day.
- Awards – helped win ‘Best Bank’ at the Better Society Awards and became a core part of the 2017 Finalist BIFM Environment Award submission