How Data is Used
Acclaro Advisory uses your personal data:
- With your consent, to contact you with electronic communications of our news, events and any suitable services which we think may be of interest.
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
You have the right and ability to opt out of receiving our communications at any time, by updating or changing your profile and marketing preferences via the ‘Manage your preferences’ and ‘unsubscribe’ links provided in all newsletters. Contact can also be made directly with Acclaro Advisory by email or phone.
Sharing Data With Third Parties
Acclaro Advisory only allows holds your data on database or mailing lists where the software is compliant and applies appropriate data protection and security controls. We impose contractual obligations on IT service providers relating to data protection and security. We do not share personal data with any other service providers.
We will never sell or rent any of our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
Your data may only be shared with:
- Our carefully selected partners who provide services (for example ESOS auditors), if we have your consent to do so;
- Credit reference agencies where necessary for payments;
- Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so:
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and – for the protection of our employees and customers..
When delivering some of our services to you, it is sometimes necessary to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA.
These transfers are subject to particular rules under data protection laws. In these cases, Acclaro Advisory ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
We only hold data for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Although there are differences in the retention periods applied for different types of data, the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
Breach Of Data Policy
A data breach needs to be reported to a Manager at Acclaro Advisory immediately. The breach must then be contained and assessed before determining whether it is necessary to notify the competent supervisory authority, and to communicate the breach to the individuals concerned.
Review Of Data Policy
Policies are updated and reviewed on an annual basis.
Managing Director, Acclaro Advisory – May 2018