Becoming a signatory is fast, and hassle free. By becoming a signatory, you will:
- Agree to be listed as a signatory supporter of our purpose that sustainability issues are / should be embedded within the FM function, and that FM teams can help to solve sustainability issues spanning environmental, social and Governance concerns
- Gain access to our SFMI Leaders’ Forum, which brings sustainable FM professionals together to discuss issues such as sustainable procurement in FM, lessons learnt from Covid19 and how the FM industry can use sustainability to contribute to Restart, Reset and Reinvent strategy for the UK
- Be open to discussing thought leadership content for SFMI reports that showcase the future of FM and its role
By providing your support as a signatory and playing a part in this new initiative, you gain exposure for your team and business by helping to drive the FM industry to operate and manage sustainability, and you will gain publicity for doing so through the SFMI marketing strategy. This will create demand and external interest which will mobilise the up-skilling of FM providers.
We have found that generating demand is crucial for the sector as there are many challenges that it faces which hinders its development in sustainability, including:
- brand image of the FM sector
- younger talent acquisition
- technological improvements
Each of these challenges are interlinked and can be solved through education, up-skilling the sector in ESG issues, offering a sustainability roadmap, and celebrating the successes of the FM sector.