This report outlines the ambition for the future of Sustainable Procurement in FM and the key criteria that will help embed sustainability in the sector.
Based on the current global and local trends, the Procurement report provides valuable understanding on the key issues in the implementation and effective management of sustainable procurement. An investigation was carried out into best practices in FM, where the ‘The 7 Principles of Sustainable FM Procurement’ framework was developed to help businesses address these issues not just at supply chain level but also within the wider value chain.
- Use of procurement to deliver sustainable FM outcomes
- Avoid placing sustainability in an ‘Innovation Box’
- Focus on the impacts material to the client
- Create culture to negate conflicts early
- Mobilise together
- Work collaboratively
- Embed sustainability in the SLAs