Acclaro Advisory was commissioned to provide a market assessment of CarbonBuzz principally to respond to the following objectives:
- help establish whether CarbonBuzz will be successful in meeting its aims;
- help establish a framework for CarbonBuzz to be financially viable; and
- inform the on-going dissemination and advocacy plans.
The assessment of CarbonBuzz dealt with some complex issues related to design and operations, which could not be resolved through direct interviews or survey questions, as these don’t allow the multiple effects to be discussed. Acclaro Advisory held two charettes, at a senior management level and an operational level, to help provide further context and depth to the needs of the user.
Our methodology was based upon the following areas:
Learn from existing information in terms of key issues and data needs from the various actors;
- Evaluation of current and potential business case scenarios;
- Less focus upon surveys as can gain better responses from use of social media sites;
- Utilise charettes to help develop the thoughts and ideas further, particularly on the data requirements and the revenue generation aspects; and
- Ability to use the data to help inform and provide an evidence base is critical.
Marketing & Development Opportunity
- Develop campaign concepts to grow and maintain profile, attract use of site and data entry;
- Align with industry bodies – e.g. BPF / UKGBC re DEC data;
- Business opportunities for making CarbonBuzz viable, based on the following criteria:
- Audiences committed to site and activities surrounding it;
- Analysis of who is able to fund initiatives;
- Media and marketing links;
- Business opportunities; and
- Sector engagement and initiatives and campaigns to support this