Acclaro Advisory is a specialist sustainability consultancy that provides organisations with a range of environmental and social sustainable business solutions. We have a network of clients ranging from small and medium sized companies to multinational corporations, to government bodies and NGOs. We specialise in two key areas of sustainability: Net Zero and Responsible Business, and also run the Sustainable Facilities Management Index.
Acclaro is an agile small business, based in Wokingham, operating in a fast-moving environment and set to expand rapidly. We work in partnership with our clients and advise them on their strategic direction to go beyond a compliance-led approach and help build a sustainable future, giving them competitive advantage and leadership status.
Acclaro prides itself on creating long lasting relationships with clients and delivering excellence in our work. We expect the candidate to live up to the company values and adopt the culture of the workplace. To show us that you have understood this requirement, please list Acclaro’s company values in your covering letter.
The Individual we are looking for
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual who is passionate about sustainability with a relevant degree or similar and 3-5 years marketing experience, either in-house at an organisation serious about sustainability or within an agency that supports clients in sustainability or ESG sectors. You will have a broad understanding of B2B marketing with an emphasis on content marketing and using social media to generate leads through thought leadership in order to nurture and create sales opportunities through outbound marketing. An understanding of regulatory requirements around sustainability reporting is highly desirable.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will be working closely with the senior management team. As this is a hands-on and varied role, with responsibilities for both managing and delivering marketing activity with a high-level autonomy, essential skills to succeed in this role includes proactivity and the ability to self-manage.
- Management and delivery of a programme of agreed marketing activities for Acclaro Advisory and the SFMI
- Manage annual and quarterly marketing plans and activity calendar with senior management team
- Content creation, and copy editing of content contributed by consultants
- Managing the website CMS including content management and optimisation
- Driving traffic to our content through the use of social media, e-newsletters and engagement with media owners
- Managing the company’s social media channels, including LinkedIn and X (formerly twitter)
- Identifying new marketing opportunities and channels
- Organising, promoting and running online and live events both owned and hosted
- Lead capture, profiling and nurturing
- Pipeline management and handover of qualified opportunities
- Management of our CRM system including data quality and GDPR compliance as well as lead generation processes
- Support on monitoring tender portals and writing bids and tenders
- Monthly reporting of marketing KPIs
- Writing press releases and sharing with relevant media outlets
- Managing creative agencies as required
- 3-5 years B2B marketing experience, preferably in sustainability or similar
- English language proficiency equivalent to a native speaker with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The confidence to work autonomously and take ownership of marketing delivery
- Strong organisation skills including time management and prioritisation
- A proactive and flexible work approach
- Ability to be self-sufficient
- Ability to coordinate busy consultants to contribute to content creation
- An understanding of and passion for corporate sustainability.
- Computer literate, proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook and Word
- Experience of cloud-based CRM and e-marketing applications such as Mailchimp
- Knowledge of WordPress CMS is advantageous but not essential
- The successful candidate must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK
- Starting salary: £30 000 to £35 000, depending on experience
- Full-Time 37.5 hours a week preferred, but this role is open to flexibility
- 30 days annual leave, including bank holidays plus Christmas Shutdown
- Permanent contract
- Hybrid working, preferable ratio of 3 days in the office and 2 days remotely
- Pension, Employee Assistance Program, Income Protection
How to apply
Please send your CV with a short covering letter that shows your passion and suitability for the job. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies please.